Sunday, May 20, 2018

****NEW RELEASE**** Amilia Bemrose 1805

Amilia Bemrose 1805



Merry Wind Farm is excited to announce the release of Amilia Bemrose 1805, a 
companion sampler to Mary Clay 1805.

Both young ladies were born in North Carleton, Lincolnshire, UK and baptized at 
St Luke's church in the early to mid 1790's.  They stitched their samplers together, finishing a week apart in April 1805.  Both samplers feature a prominent Soloman's Temple, similar motifs with colorful birds, and the dedication ending with "how kind my parents has been to me".


A pink squirrel!




When Mary Clay married in 1810, her witness was her dear friend Amilia.

Amilia married Gervais (Jarvis) Middleton in 1810 and bore seven children, one of which she named Catharine!  She and her husband moved to the town of Gainsborough, a not too distant carriage ride away.  I hope they were able to keep in touch throughout  their lives.

I like to think that Amilia and Mary would be pleased that their samplers are
reunited after over 200 years!  Both of the antique samplers are in the collection of Merry Wind Farm.   Amilia Bemrose and Mary Clay are available separately
if you would like to stitch your own "companion samplers"

Amilia Bemrose stitch count 233 (w) x 298 (h)
Model sampler stitched on 36 ct. Legacy linen from Picture This Plus.
Charted for Gentle Arts and DMC with a DMC conversion.

AVAILABLE NOW
at select needlework shops

OR

ask your local needlework shop to order it for you

OR 

available in my Etsy shop 

6 comments:

  1. It's beautiful.
    Congrats on your new release.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a beautfy!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melinda,
    Your new sampler is so beautiful and I do hope you do very well with it!! Such a lovely story of two best friends, too!
    I have been absent from blogging for a while and am finally back and trying to catch up with what I missed!!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melinda, I think the girls would be thrilled you have reunited and reproduced their work. My mother's Middle TN home would have been built four years later in 1809, and it's always nice to see samplers from that time. I have to wonder what those first daughters might have stitched. Maybe something like this. :-) Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi all dear !!
    great article and information, with your blogcomment.
    I see your blog daily, it is crispy to study.
    Your blog is very useful for me & i like so much.
    หนังดราม่า

    ReplyDelete