Thursday, September 28, 2017

Western Reserve Sampler Guild

I was so honored to be invited to speak about the Merry Wind Farm samplers last night at the Western Reserve Sampler Guild in Bath, Ohio.   The meeting was held in a beautiful 
historic church built in the 1830s located in a wonderful hilly, park like setting.

I was so nervous as this was my first ever presentation, but the ladies of the guild could not 
have been more welcoming.  When I first walked in and saw all the chairs set up and a projector screen, I thought "oh my word, this is way more professional that me!"

The members of the guild were so friendly and really seemed to enjoy my exhibition of antique samplers and the Merry Wind Farm reproductions.  

My son was an invaluable help, as he turned all of my photos into something called a Power Point presentation,  of which I had no clue.  I am so grateful to him!  Not to mention that he drove me up to Bath (three plus hours each way) and operated the projector/computer for me so I could concentrate on what I wanted to say.

Yes, I was horribly nervous, but once I started to speak, I realized I was among like minded people and gained confidence from them.  Now my first time is history:)  And I actually had a wonderful time!!!

I took a couple of pictures at the beginning,  just as people were beginning to arrive, then forgot to take more.  There ended up being probably 35-40 people.



**********THANK YOU WESTERN RESERVE SAMPLER GUILD**********

My newest reproduction, Ann Evans 1843, a Welsh folk art sampler, was officially released 
last night at the guild.  She will be available for purchase in a few days.

Antique Ann Evans.

Reproduction Ann Evans
Stitched on lovely Buttermilk Linen by Dixie Samplar Hand Dyed Fabrics

Ann Evans will be available in my Etsy shop

I also have a sneak peak of Ellen Ford, a small sampler that will be available soon.


Sorry about my shadow.  Ellen will fit in a standard 8 x 10 frame.

As Christmas approaches, remember that I also have a small Christmas sampler available.  Not a repro, she is Emmeline Cole, inspired by my ancestor.  Included is an alphabet and numbers 
so that you can personalize your sampler using one of your ancestor's names.  I used the name
of the township in which I live for the school name, you can do the same using your county,
township, road, etc.


Thank goodness the dreadful 90 degree weather came to a screeching halt!!  Fall is here!
I love fall decorating, pumpkins,
gourds, straw bales, and  cornstalks.
All things that are natural, some of which can be gathered here on the farm.

Till next time
Melinda
xxx

7 comments:

  1. I totally enjoyed your presentation last night, along with all the samplers you brought...so many! it was interesting to hear the history of your farm and to see all your animals. Good luck with all your endeavors.
    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your presentation and your new design.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a thoughtful son! So glad the presentation was a success, never doubted it! Anxious to view the new smaller sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew you would knock them dead. I am so bummed I could not make it!!!
    xoxo
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH SO thrilled to hear your first presentation was a complete success Melinda! I'm sure it was very nerve wracking for you but stitchers are usually very patient and welcoming people. Bravo - on to the next ! Mel

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to have heard your talk. I'm so glad it went well and so nice that your son was a good companion! I loved stitching Emmaline Cole and highly recommend it. I did use the name of a decedent of my husband who was age appropriate for the time of the sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you for the talk! I bet it was wonderful! I love your new sampler! Why is it that I always fall in love with samplers with detailed trees or branches? I hate stitching them. lolol! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete