Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Release day for Mary Clay 1805! Free Shipping!

Hello,
Today is release day for Mary Clay 1805.  And, to celebrate, I am offering free shipping through this  Sunday, July 18, and YES, that does include overseas buyers!  I want everyone to have the opportunity to stitch Mary.


Now, the nitty gritty.  The price for this chart is $20.00.  The chart pack is 12 pages, which includes a color photo, an instruction page, and a separate key page.  The stitch count is 203 x 274, and is stitched with Gentle Art threads.  A DMC conversion is provided.   Printed on high quality paper.  I am sure you will be happy with it!

Mary Clay was baptized 11 November 1792 at St. Luke Church,  parish of North Carlton, Lincolnshire, England.  North Carlton was a small agricultural community.  Mary attended an as yet unidentified female academy with her best friend, Amelia Bemrose, where the two girls stitched very similar samplers in 1805.  Mary finished her sampler on April 17, and her friend a week later.  Their anonymous instructress was quite frugal, as nearly all the linen is filled with delightful motifs including birds, dogs, horses, even a blue owl and pink swan!  At age 18, Mary married William Clayton at St. Luke with her friend Amelia at her side.  Mary and William went on to have 4 children and spent their lives in North Carlton.


My sincerest thanks to Inguna Krastina for locating Amelias sampler, which helped me to identify Mary.

To order, please send me a message using the form on the left, and I will invoice you and get your chart out to you right away.

I hope you like this sampler!  It was a delight to stitch.
Melinda

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful design, my dear. I have just ordered one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and I love that you have the story behind it.
    Xoxo, my friend.
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful! Congratulations on a wonderful pattern! Lori

    ReplyDelete