Monday, July 1, 2013

A New Antique Sampler and the Great Blogger Apocalypse!

Hello, all,
So here it is July 1st and I don't understand what all this blogger concern is about.  I am not computer savvy, can barely manage a post on my blog, and did go to the Bloglovin' yesterday and signed up.  Got up this morning, and blogger.com is still there...don't understand any of it :(

I  did acquire a new antique sampler last week from Wendy of http://www.pineberrylane.com/  It is a Melinda sampler!!!  Although spelled Malinda.  It is Malinda Moyer 1845, from Pennsylvania.  There is a lot of stitch loss, but I don't care...I have never, ever seen a Melinda sampler, even in a book!!  When I saw this on Wendy's site, I practically hyperventilated!!  I couldn't write to her fast enough to purchase it.  It even came with history of her and all of her children, and where she is buried.



I now have an antique Malinda sampler and a Davidson sampler ( my maiden name)  Yeah!!
I may have spoken too soon about blogger, my entire post just went poof! twice... but that may be my ineptitude.

Have a nice week and 4th!
Melinda

20 comments:

  1. Giggles..Yep it's just google reader closing, your dashboard and follewrs are staying.. The sampler is beautiful! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's gorgeous!!! Amy is right. Blogger isn't changing at all. If you were using your dashboard to follow blogs, you are fine. Don't need bloglovin'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new sampler is wonderful! I'm still here, too! I have been too unsure to move. I had no trouble with your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melinda,
    That is just too cool! And the fact that you have one with your maiden name. What are the chances???
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. I like the linen color a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting!!! Your Malinda (I'd call it your MElinda) sampler is gorgeous. It reminds me of a couple of BOaF samplers. I love it and am so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Malinda, love your new sampler, beautiful.....I did not go anywhere, to Bloglovin` or anything, hope all goes well, Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Melinda, I love your new sampler. It is just beautiful. How exciting to have a Malinda sampler for your very own! Enjoy her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful sampler! So happy you found this gem.
    Have a great week,
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful sampler! So happy you found this gem.
    Have a great week,
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous find!! How sweet that it has your name, almost, lol! I am happy to see blogger.com is still there too, that is how I read all my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!! Jackpot!
    What a gorgeous sampler.
    Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful stitches ..along with the history *AMAZING! An absolutely gorgeous sampler! *Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. the sampler is gorgeous. I would love to have something like that in my home. Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a blessing to find that sampler.I am still hanging with blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is a lovely sampler, Melinda. So nice to have a history with it also. What fun to have your name in samplers!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your sampler Melinda - it is beautiful. You are so lucky to find those kind of samplers. Still love your blog. You have to show some pictures of your garden again. I love seeing it. Also your rugs - that last one was gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! That sampler is stunning!! So lucky to have found it in such a good condition too!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I adore this sampler!!
    What a wonderful find for you to treasure.
    Your hand-stitched samplers are so beautiful!
    And of course I love seeing photos of your furry kids.
    xo Louise

    ReplyDelete