Thursday, October 6, 2011

Welcome to my first post!

Hello, and a big warm  Ohio welcome to Merry Wind Farm!  I am going to be posting a few of my hand-dids for sale, reproduction samplers and hooked rugs, maybe quilts in the future.  I love anything that is done with my hands, and pass much of my time this way.    I hope you enjoy looking at my things.

I also hope to blog about life in general here at Merry Wind Farm, with 10 cats, 4 dogs, 2 horses, 1 college aged son, and one elderly Mother.  Both my mother and I lost our husbands two years ago, so sometimes it is hard to handle everything here, but we love the farm so much and so enjoy the beauty of nature and the countryside that we can't bear to let it go!

4 comments:

  1. Melinda~ Hello welcome to blogland~ your farm is so pretty!!!
    Looking forward to following you~
    Come visit me anytime on my blog~
    http://deppenhomestead1862.blogspot.com/

    have a wonderful day~
    smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT A WONDERFUL LOOKING HOME IN THE HEADER- I'm assuming this is your home/farm.
    Congratulations on starting a blog...I just became a follower and will put you on my sidebar blog list.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melinda!!! Looking forward to following your blog! It's nice that you and your mother have each other! Your home is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have enjoyed reading your entire blog over the last few weeks. I greatly admire your beautiful portfolio of samplers stitched and collected.
    I also admire you providing a loving home for your rescue animals, life can be so cruel to them.

    ReplyDelete